The Most Popular Songs for Private Parties
Music is the soul of the party—choose it well and people will love it. Whether you’re preparing for an uproarious party, a more mellow one, or anything in between, your playlist will set the mood for the entire event. Your music can inspire people to join in the fun and trip the light fantastic.
The playlist at private parties is especially important. These events are fun and full of good vibes, and often, they are relaxed and intimate. Many people know each other, and they feel at ease. For a DJ, that’s great—it means that they’re open to the music and ready to dance.
From dancing hits to feel-good songs, here are some of the most popular all-time favorite party songs you can add to your playlist.
Popular Dancing Classics for Private Parties
Some songs have gone down in the history of music as dancing classics. No wonder that they’re always booming from loudspeakers at countless parties around the world. They’re favorites with both guests and DJs.
With their crazy rhythms and their lyrics that stick, they are just awesome. Whether you choose to open or close with these songs or just mix them with contemporary hits, they’re guaranteed to increase the fun factor.
- U Can’t Touch This – MC Hammer
- Lose Yourself to Dance – Daft Funk
- Stayin Alive – Bee Gees
- Billie Jean – Michael Jackson
- Super Freak – Rick James
- Y.M.C.A. – Village People (Original)
- Don’t Stop the Music – Rihanna
- Just Dance – Lady Gaga ft. Colby O’Donis
- La Cucaracha – The Mariachis
- I Feel Good – James Brown
- Macarena – Los Del Rio
- Who Let the Dogs Out – Baha Men
- Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da – The Beatles
- Stuck on You – Elvis Presley
- Rock Steady – Aretha Franklin
- Bamboleo – Gipsy Kings
Popular Hip-Hop and RnB Party Songs
Hip-Hop and RnB songs have got that swagger and confidence to them that can make parties so much cooler. They easily dominate the playlist at many parties. But even if you choose to mix them with other genres, they can still set the room on fire.
Here are some hip-hop and RnB hits you may want to add to your playlist. Choose any of these tracks to get people dancing—the party’s sure going to get hotter.
- Despacito – Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee
- Hey Ya – Outkast
- Yeah! – Usher ft. Lil Jon & Ludacris
- SexyBack – Justin Timberlake ft. Timbaland
- Tik Tok – Ke$ha
- Party Rock Anthem – LMFAO ft. Lauren Bennett
- One, Two Step – Ciara ft. Missy Eliott
- In Da Club – 50 Cent
- DJ Got Us Fallin’ in Love – Usher ft. Pitbull
- Temperature – Sean Paul
- Hips Don’t Lie – Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean
- Fire Burning – Sean Kingston
- Stronger – Kanye West
- Don’t Cha – The Pussycat Dolls ft. Busta Rhymes
- Low – Flo Rida ft. T-Pain
- Crazy in Love – Beyonce ft. Jay-Z
- On the Floor – Jennifer Lopez ft. Pitbull
- Dynamite – Taio Cruz
- Boom Boom Pow – Black Eyes Peas
Whether you want to get people to dance, add a sexy feel to the party, or just vary the rhythms, these songs are just right. They’ve rocked thousands of parties since they’ve been released, and they’ll keep on rocking many parties to come.
Popular Pop Songs for Parties
Pop music is a popular choice for many private parties—it’s fun and easy to like. A lot of it makes you want to dance, but there are also plenty of tracks for the more laid-back intervals during the party when people are sipping their drinks and getting ready for the next RnB or Rock hit.
- Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) – Abba
- Let’s Get It On – Marvin Gaye
- As Long as You Love – Backstreet Boys
- With You – Chris Brown
- Be My Lover – La Bouche
- California Girls – Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg
- Can’t Get You Out of My Head – Kylie Minogue
- Wannabe – Spicy Girls
- Sexbomb – Tom Jones ft. Mousse T.
- Rhythm of the Night – Corona
- Uptown Girl – Billy Joel
- Love Shack – B-52’s
- Every Breath You Take – The Police
A lot of these pop songs are about love. Love is always there in one form or another at most private parties, whether it’s in the form of couples having a great time together, or people who’ve just met feeling drawn to each other. Make sure to mix in some love songs to add a touch of romance to the party.
Popular Rock Music Party Songs
Rock music can electrify any party. Whether it’s a constant presence on your playlist or you use it only at key moments, rock is great for creating an intense experience that keeps people on their feet.
Not all great rock music is great for parties, though—after all, you probably don’t want the music to get too rough. But there are lots of hit rock songs that make it regularly on the playlists of popular private party DJs. Here are some of them.
- Hotel California – The Eagles
- It’s My Life – Bon Jovi
- Take Me Out – Franz Ferdinand
- Last Nite – The Strokes
- Satisfaction – The Rolling Stones
- Supermassive Black Hole – Muse
- Song 2 – Blur
- I Bet You Look Good on the Dance Floor – The Arctic Monkeys
- This Love – Maroon 5
- Another One Bites the Dust – Queen
- Wonderful Tonight – Eric Clapton
- You Shook Me All Night Long – AC/DC
- The Jean Genie – David Bowie
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- With Or Without You – U2
So, which of these songs will you add to your playlist? Which of them will rock your party? You can’t go wrong with any of them.
The Wrap Up
With so many great songs to choose from across genres, it shouldn’t be too hard to make a great party playlist. You can mix genres or focus on one genre over all the others. Either way, your music will make people want to listen to it and dance to it and sing along until long into the night.
Are you on the lookout for the next great party? You can find cool DJ job offers on Jobsora. You can search for DJ jobs based on date, income, and more. With Jobsora, finding your next gig becomes so much easier.
Have a nice party and keep the music playing!